[android-security-discuss] java.lang.SecurityException: Permission Denial Error
Mustafa Esengün
2015-11-24 14:08:57 UTC
I developed an android app with google maps api v2 and have been trying to
test on several devices each have different android version. My app works
fine with the ones which have android 5.x.x and above but not the ones
which have lower android version.

In my build.gradle file I specified the following:

compileSdkVersion 22
buildToolsVersion '23.0.0'

defaultConfig {
applicationId "main.myapplication"
minSdkVersion 15
targetSdkVersion 22
versionCode 1
versionName "1.0"}

But when try to run my app on a galaxy s3 with andorid 4.3, the maps loads
with no problem but when I click on a button I get the following error
which I don't understand why I am getting this error:

java.lang.SecurityException: Permission Denial: get/set setting for user asks to run as user -2 but is calling from user 0

After searching in forum I include the following permission

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERACT_ACROSS_USERS_FULL" />

but it did not solve either. How can I solve this issue? Thanks.