[android-security-discuss] Testing In-App Subscriptions, Verify on backend (node.js - firebase functions) error: project has not been linked
jeffreysoboe
2018-09-07 19:29:22 UTC
I keep getting inconsistent results when I verify a google in-app
subscription purchase on my node.js backend.

Sometimes, I get a response with the subscription info, and sometimes, I
get this error response:

The project id used to call the Google Play Developer API has not been
linked in the Google Play Developer Console.
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/25481207/why-getting-error-the-project-id-used-to-call-the-google-play-developer-api-has>

However, this only happens some of the time, using the same app, using the
same code. Sometimes, it is successful, and sometimes not. Now, in Google
Docs, it says:

"Google Play accumulates completed test purchases for each user but does
not pass them on to financial processing.

Test purchases are not automatically canceled, so you might want to
manually cancel a test purchase to continue testing. To do so, open the app
page in the Play Store. If the test purchase that you want to cancel is a
subscription, you can also use the cancel()
of the Purchases.subscriptions API."

See here:

Does this mean that my problem is simply in the testing phase? My app is
only in internal Track Test mode, and users are testing with a credit card
that either always approves or declines.

Thank you!

Jeff