[android-security-discuss] Voice Recognition software
Mary Grimes
2015-12-02 13:52:49 UTC
hi, i am looking into assistance with broadening the already software into
assisting with vocabulary levels in children in the form of a game
Jeffrey Walton
2015-12-02 14:14:25 UTC
Post by Mary Grimes
hi, i am looking into assistance with broadening the already software into
assisting with vocabulary levels in children in the form of a game
This may be off-topic for a security list (or not what you are looking
for). Do you have some specific concerns we can help with?

The voice recognition stuff, like Siri and Cortana, is usually
considered insecure. It takes your data (voice commands and other
information) and ships it outside the security boundary for
processing.

Many companies require the voice software disabled in a BYOD
environment. They will use MDM tools, like iPhone Configurator, to
disable it. I'm nit sure what Android is using for MDM. The management
APIs kinda fell by the wayside for a while.

Windows Phone is not mature enough at the moment for many
organization. You should probably avoid the platform until there are
more security controls available to reduce the risk to the data.

Jeff